SRC Launches New Website
We’re excited to announce that the new Stones River Consulting website is live! We hope that you’ll find the new version of the site to be more user-friendly and informative and less… well, less like most other financial firm websites.
We wanted our site to represent the real us and not be just another corporate site.
Thanks to the wonderful team at Ellis Pond, we believe that’s what we’ve accomplished.
Be sure to check out the About page to read a very special profile of our favorite SRC staffer Maggie.
2018 Defined Contribution Plan Deadlines
There are a lot of deadlines to keep track of for Defined Contribution Plans. We’ve compiled a list of the most important of those below to make it easier for you to stay on track.
- March 15 – ADP/ACP Corrective Distributions of excess contributions and earnings due to participants for plans with 12/31 plan year-end.
- March 15 – 2017 Employer Profit Sharing and Matching contributions due for plans with 12/31 plan year-end in order to take tax deduction (with no corporate tax extension).
- April 1 – Initial age 70 1/2. Minimum Required Distributions due to participants who are no longer active or 5% owners who turned age 70 1/2. in 2017.
- April 15 – 402(g) distributions of excess deferral amounts to participants.
- July 31 – Form 5500 (Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit Plan) and Form 8955-SSA due to DOL for plans with 12/31 plan year-end. (Due seven months after plan year end.)
- September 15 – 2017 Employer Profit Sharing and Match contributions for those sponsors who filed a corporate tax extension.
- October 15 – Extended deadline for filing Form 5500 and Form 8955-SSA.
- December 1 – Deadline to deliver QDIA, Auto-Enrollment, and Safe Harbor Notices to participants.
- December 31 – Age 70 1/2. Required Minimum Distributions Due to participants who have begun receiving distributions.
As always, remember, it’s YOUR retirement we’re talking about. The more you know and understand, the better off you will be.
MBA, QKA, CBC